A RELIABLE Learning Management System (LMS) with demonstrated stability and speed is ESSENTIAL in environments where safety and security protocols change rapidly. The ExxTend Learning™ LMS from OverNite Software, Inc. can deploy tests and courses in less than an hour, automatically generating requisite records and reports. Some of the advantages your company will notice immediately:
- Administrators can utilize the ExxTend Learning™ to create Roles, Jobs or Tracks to Organize their training into easily assignable segments.
- Due dates can be customizable and the system can automatically manage due dates based on prior history.
- Curriculum can be added to Groups for “Group based” assignments.
- Set different success levels for different groups taking the same course.
The bundled assignment feature allows the administrator to simplify the task of making and maintaining user assignments by creating blocks of assignments and attaching them to users either directly, or indirectly.
- Assignment Blocks – Jobs and Tracks are examples of assignment blocks. They include a list of Courses and Equivalencies that are related, based on the fact that the training is always assigned to users together.
- Organizational Assignments – The ExxTend Learning system provides an organizational framework which allows users to be placed in a hierarchical structure. Assignments made to organization will propagate through the groups of users. If users are moved from one group to another there assignments will be modified automatically to match the new Group’s assignments.
- Role-based Assignments – The ExxTend Learning system provides the Role manager as a tool to arrange users in one or more roles. Assignments made to the Role will propagate to all users in them.
Scheduling training dates, and managing re-training intervals can be a difficult job. With ExxTend Learning’s Automatic Scheduling features that job can be completely removed from your daily routine.
- Initial Training Dates – When Courses are assigned to a user, the initial Due Date will be determined by our initial training options. The Admin can set the training to schedule itself a few months after assignment, or they may select a calendar date (month and day) of the current year, or the next occurrence (which may be the following year).
- Retake Months – When the Course has been completed successfully, the next re-take date will be determined by the Retake Months interval the Admin set on the Course after either the date of completion or the date of assignment.
Records and Reporting
The records and reporting system has been designed to make auditing easier, and also provide the trainers with valuable information about student performance and issues in the training pool.
- Standard Records – All history records are tied to an Employee account, and an Event called a “Course”. The date the credit was for, the date the credit was given, the score, and the result (pass or fail) are all recorded in the record. In addition ExxTend Learning allows for documents (files) to be linked to training results, as well as the cost or hours for the training.
- ExxTend Training – Additionally, when using the ExxTend Learning training content, the history will link to data about questions and answers submitted by students, whether they were correct or not, and even how long it took for them to complete the training.
- Statistics – The reporting also provides the trainers with the ability to run statistics on training they create in ExxTend Learning to determine the effectiveness of training, or perhaps gaps in workplace knowledge that needs to be addressed with future training.
Learning Object Editing
The learning object editing system or Test Manager provides the trainer with a valuable resource when it comes to quickly developing Effective and Efficient training. The ExxTend Learning model for training development is outcome based. The Trainer determines what they want to teach, then how to evaluate knowledge, then ties the knowledge to the evaluation, or what we call a Question.
- Questions – The question is the atomic unit of training in the ExxTend Learning system. The Question object consists of an Evaluation, Training content to support the evaluation, content to re-enforce training (feedback). Questions can be waited using a simple point scale, the evaluation may also be timed.
- Tests – The Test is a collection of questions related to a learning topic. ExxTend Learning allows questions to be used by multiple Tests. The test can be executed by the system in several different modes:
- Learning Mode – Provides the content to the student for the Questions. Also, if there is feedback, the student is shown the appropriate feedback based on the success or failure in the evaluation step. In learning mode the student must complete all evaluations successfully in order to complete.
- Slideshow Mode – Provides the content to the student, automatically moving to the next slide after a time. No evaluations are given.
- Final Test Mode – Provides the Question evaluation without content. The student answers the evaluations to the best of their ability, and a final score is rendered based on the question points.
- Study Mode – For the student who wants to try answering questions without content (like a final test), but does not want to create a history record.
- Pre-test Mode – Similar to the Final Test mode, the student is provided question evaluations.
- Adaptive Mode – This mode starts with a Pre-test, and then delivers only the content for questions the user missed in the Pre-Test. This reduces seat-time for the student, and improves learning by focusing on the content the student is lacking only.
- Records – Testing records are tracked within ExxTend Learning, and can be used effectively in Blended training, and for making improvements to the questions themselves.
The classroom management system is designed to reduce conflicts for personnel, equipment, and locations, as well as provide a way for the student to access necessary information and documents for the classroom training.
- E-Mail alerts – The classroom system sends out e-mail alerts to students to remind them of upcoming classes they are enrolled in. Also, it e-mails the student if changes are made to their enrollment status, or the class.
- Class Size Restrictions – ExxTend Learning will automatically begin wait-listing students when the class size limit (if defined) Is reached. If users are dropped from the class, wait-listed users are automatically enrolled by the application.
- Class Rosters – The application can generate class rosters for students to sign in on.